We are proud to present an intimate and site specific production of Sweeney Todd in October 2018. More details about auditions are below.
AUDITION NOTICE – ACTORS/SINGERS – THE SNAPSHOTS COLLECTIVE – VANCOUVER,
Production name: SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 09/01/2018
Audition date: 03/04/2018
Audition date 2: 03/10/2018
Audition date 3: 03/11/2018
Deadline to submit: 03/02/2018
Email applications to: email@example.com
Contact name: Kat Palmer
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 778-883-8110
Engager Website: www.sweeneytoddthemusical.ca
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We envision a cast that truly reflects the rich diversity found not only in London, but also right here in our own city. We encourage submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds including, ￼but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender and sexuality.
The Snapshots Collective presents an intimate and site specific production of Stephen Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
October 10th to October 31st, 2018
Director: Chris Adams
Choreographer: Nicol Spinola
Music Director: Wendy Bross Stuart
Assistant Director: Sarah Harrison
Producers: Chris Adams, Nicol Spinola, Wendy and Ron Stuart, Kat Palmer, & Bill Allman
An infamous tale, Sweeney Todd, an unjustly exiled barber, returns to nineteenth century London, seeking vengeance against the lecherous judge who framed him and ravaged his young wife. The road to revenge leads Todd to Mrs. Lovett, a resourceful proprietress of a failing pie shop, above which, he opens a new barber practice. Mrs. Lovett’s luck sharply shifts when Todd’s thirst for blood inspires the integration of an ingredient into her meat pies that has the people of London lining up… and the carnage has only just begun!
PLEASE NOTE: The Roles of Sweeney Todd, Mrs. Lovett, Judge Turpin, & Beggar Woman have already been cast. We will be auditioning for the other leads and ensemble.
Also note: We will be seeing both youth or adults of any gender for the role of Toby.
This is a profit share production under the Equity Collective Agreement. Equity members in good standing will receive priority audition times. Non-Members will be seen after all Members have been seen. Only those selected will receive a time.
– Please submit a headshot and resume to Kat at email@example.com – Please note any conflicts with auditions/callbacks or the run at this time.
– Auditions will be held late afternoons/evenings on Sunday March 4th and Saturday March 10th, 2018; callbacks will be held on Sunday March 11th, 2018 in the evening.
– All Auditions will be held at Carousel Theatre on Granville Island
– Rehearsals will begin on or around September 1st, 2018 and rehearsal times will be decided based on casting. Rehearsals will be held in the city of Vancouver. Music rehearsals may begin one week prior to Sept 1st.
– You will be emailed music from the show to prepare.
– Please let us if there is a specific part you are interested in.
– An accompanist will be provided.